Monday, May 4, 2009

Some people choose to dive, I'll tiptoe.

Good morning folks!
Looks like a pretty good day out there to me! I didn't have as long as sleep as I would have liked. So that is a goal for me tonight - be in bed by 10! (Especially since I have to be up at 6 am)
So what is the title all about?

Simple



I can't be like those people who choose to dive right into to being healthy all of the time from the get go. Meaning, working out at an advanced level every day...skimping foods just to lose weight (not healthy). I'v been there, done that, and failed. No. This is a lifestyle change. It doesn't require me to dive and then at the last minute bellyflop because I'm sick of the routine. I want to be in this for LIFE. Slow and steady WILL win the race.

With that being said, the small healthy choices are adding up. Like walking to work and back! Today I work family playgroup and then afterschool program. My tap class was cancelled, very sad about that, but oh well. That means shorter day. 12 to 5:30 :) I will walk to work and back (includes a hill)

I'm also pretty stoked for some things that might be coming to me in the mail in the next few weeks
From Amazon
- "Bright Lights Big Ass"
Jen Lancaster; Paperback

- "Such A Pretty Fat"
Jen Lancaster; Paperback


- "Skinny Bitch"
Kim Barnouin; Paperback;

- "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook"
Isa Chandra Moskowitz; Hardcover;

- "Beginners and Beyond Yoga for Weight Loss"
Michael Wohl; DVD;


- "AM PM Yoga for Beginners"
Michael Wohl; DVD;

- "Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred"
Andrea Ambandos; DVD;

- "Shiva Rea: Flow Yoga for Beginners"
James Wvinner; DVD;

- The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Boot Camp"
Cal Pozo; DVD;


woooo...Yes, that is alot. But, it might help to spice up my workout routine, which has been a little slack lately :S

Oh well...

breakfast was goooooood this morning.
Over night oats!! soaked in silk soy chocolate milk??? YEA...I WENT THERE!

The characters that completed my wonderful b-fast?









mmmm




the chocolate soy milk was a good choice...it was very thick and hearty and had a good flavour to it, I'm sure I will be full until lunch!

All mixed up!



delish!
I am now off to take care of business...aka get myself clean, laundry, workouts, lunch, work time!

I'll be back at the end of the day with a recap of it all ;)

1 comments:

misssarahlou said...

WTG Jocelyn, sounds like you are really committed! Your breaky looks yummy!